Saturday, June 05, 2010

Couplewear.

Photobucket

When I was a teenager, I envied couples who would walk hand-in-hand along Orchard Road wearing similar outfits. I thought: "WAH. It must be so nice to outwardly proclaim that they have found their soulmates."
I found that cute. I used to. When I was still a teenager of 15.

Today, I find it an eyesore.

Refer to the picture above please. I took this picture quietly with my phone en-route to somewhere on the train. The guy looks okay (I have thoughtfully blocked out any view of his face to protect his identity) but the girl looks like she needs a wardrobe change. She could have done better than polo shirt and shorts. But seriously. Polo shirts? Are people wearing polo shirts going to 'pop' the collar to tell the people around them not to mess with them? Are we in the early 2000s? Polo shirts are very 5 years ago, by the way.

On top of that, is it necessary to proclaim your relationship with each other in such a visible manner? A pair of silver rings would work the same kind of symbolism that couples aim to achieve with couplewear, only a lot more versatile and tasteful. A person is able to wear a silver ring with almost any outfit.

I also have one question: When a couple with many sets of couplewear in their respective wardrobes break up, what happens to these clothes?

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHAAAA they probably needed to wear same outfits in case they lose each other. Awww such devotion/stupidity. True, what happens t the clothes after they break up - turn them into rags. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete