Monday, June 14, 2010

Size and Stereotypes.

My limbs ache after walking all day in my heels (just about 1 inch tall, mind) and I'm comforting myself by telling myself that I burnt more calories today even though my muscles ache. Like mad.
On second thought, maybe a too long exposure to heels isn't that good. But they make girls look good for elongating the figure (which I think I need more than some of you out there)..

So I'm doing nothing physical and currently watching America's Next Top Model Season 11. (man, every freaking episode makes me tear up as girls pack up their dream) I picked one at random. Jeanie Rabbit was telling me this afternoon that a real hot plus size girl won in one season and I would be thankful to anyone who tells me which season this is. But you know, high fashion is quite hostile to plus size girls, so how far can she go in the modelling industry?

Jeanie also talked about the one with the transgender model, which happens to be the one I am watching now. So YAY.

Isis is really gorgeous. I think models should have a different look about them to differentiate themselves from the the rest of the other cookie cutter models. A look, a style and a personality that shines. A lot of the girls in these competitions are just regular American girls who seemed boring to me. I wouldn't want to get to know some of them in real life - too flighty.

So far, my favourites are (in no particular order - the jury is still out on this one):

Photobucket
Brittany

Photobucket
Hannah

Photobucket
Marjorie

Photobucket
Sheena

Photobucket
Isis

But they all didn't win.
I probably should get more exposure to models.
OR. Maybe the producers of ANTM had some agenda to achieve by putting these girls there.
I used to like Marjorie better until I saw that she joined in the heckling of Isis when she was doing a shoot. Not cool.
Isis is TOO gorgeous. I wonder why she got kicked out.

2 comments:

  1. I did like Sheena even though she was quite awful in the beginning. Isis wasn't ready mentally in my opinion because she really could model, but there's always gonna be other factors like what if they did a nude shoot or go top less etc. Good season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midway in the show, Marjorie became my favourite.
    I always liked models with short hair; it was very sharp looking and editorial. Marjorie took awesome high fashion pictures, which I fell in love with.
    I also liked Yoanna from Season 1. This is definitely a trend with me.

    ReplyDelete