Friday, July 02, 2010

mor mor shawls

I am currently sitting at the bugis branch of billy bombers and giving myself a treat. (not that I deserve one) The milkshakes here are fabulous and absolutely yummy. however, it sucks that the price of a milkshake has increased over the years: from $5 to $6.90. damned inflation.

so I was walking upstairs and trying to kill time before my cousin arrives when I see this hideous scarf for sale. this is an amazing scarf which can be worn as a top, a wrap and, of course, a scarf around the neck.

when I think about it, the idea is not too half bad but the material feels and looks cheap. and again, there is the one size fits all concept. (which I absolutely disagree with) when stretched, the scarf has gaps in between the loosely knitted fabric. this scarf is just a long loop of fabric.

the price does not justify the item in question. it is retailing at S$39.90. at this price, I can buy myself a nice scarf. several, in fact. also, the fact.that it is being sold at Action City (toy store for teens) makes the item look less like a piece of clothing and more like an item of curiosity.

one question I would like to direct to the makers of mor mor shawls: are the shawls supposed to be looked upon as a fun thing or a new clothing trend? I am frankly rather confused.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this cart stall at Vivocity too with this 2 really Korean/Jappy girls selling. It looks more like an endangered species. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete