Monday, August 23, 2010

the woes of being plus-sized.

I just got 'reprimanded' by my schoolmates about the 'inappropriateness' of the clothes I wear to school. Apparently, I wear clothes which are too revealing. It's annoying how slimmer girls can get away with whatever they wear.

For example, today:
I wore a pink top with long sleeves and a Chinese collar (which on hindsight looks absolutely hideous), paired with my favourite black fluff short skirt and thick brown tights.
This girl told me not to wear short skirts anymore. This is the 2nd time she has done it, and she isn't that close to me.
The other time she said that to me, I was wearing a skirt which I agreed was entirely too short for school. (the red fluff one) So fine about that one. But I really do not think my black fluff skirt is too short.

Another girl whom I am closer to said the same thing but only because she thought the fluff skirts made me look fat. And that I should stick to dark colours because I'm plump. Also that I should reserve my fluff skirts for clubs.

I really don't agree with the 'plump people should wear dark tones so they can look slimmer' logic. I've seen plump people who just wear black stuff and they just look sombre - and equally as plump. I think prints and the cut of the clothes will make a person look slimmer, not the colour of the clothes. FLIP MAGAZINES! I have come across some magazines which teach plump people how to dress and it's all about drawing the eyes away from the problem areas, not wearing dark sombre clothes. THEY ARE IN COLOURS. COLOURS!

As for my fluff skirts, I'm not going to retire them!
Photobucket
Hello. This is cute.
And I think more fluff = make thighs/waist look slimmer.

It's so annoying when people who stick to safe clothes tell me what to wear and what not to wear. I experiment because it's my last year in school. DUH.
But I do need a radical change of wardrobe - it's full of stuff that I don't wear anymore. I'm looking at those broomstick long skirts that float down the stairs. (please google - I don't have a nice picture)

I'm so drastic - going from short skirts to super long ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment